Friday Nights @ OMCA
Join OMCA and Off the Grid on 10th Street every for a taste of local music, food, art, and culture! Savor California beer, wine and non-alcoholic beverages around the Koi Pond at the Blue Oak beer garden. Enjoy half-price admission, live music, hands-on activities for kids, and extended OMCA Store hours. Bring the whole family to OMCA for a sampling of the best in Bay Area curbside cuisine!
What to expect on April 4:
- Local beer and wine specials in the Blue Oak beer garden
- Extended hours in the galleries and special exhibitions
- Gourmet food trucks from Off the Grid featuring the best in local cuisine: get the weekly list here
- April Resident DJ Ren the Vinyl Archaeologist spinning hits in the 10th Street Amphitheater from 5 to 6:30 pm
- Family-friendly drop-in activity: “The Game of Gold” from 5 to 8 pm
- Makers & Tasters Series featuring Uptown Juice Company, an Oakland-based & woman-owned small business, providing tastings & talking about the health benefits of incorporating juices into any diet, from 6 to 8 pm
- Funk, pop, and lock dance instruction by Tracy Bartlow in the 10th Street Amphitheater from 6:30 to 7 pm
- Live band the Funk Revival Orchestra, back by popular demand, in the 10th Street Amphitheater from 7 to 9 pm
- A Snack Size Docent Tour, a fifteen-minute mini-tour led by a talented OMCA Docent to introduce you one of the Galleries—you won't know which until the tour begins!—meeting at the ticketing desk on Level 2 at 7:30 pm
Cost: Half-price gallery admission for adults, ages 18 and under are free. Admission for Members is always free. Cash bar. Prices vary for Off the Grid food trucks.
Transportation: OMCA is located one block from the Lake Merritt BART Station. Event parking is available at the Museum for a $5 flat fee after 5 pm.
Presented in partnership with Off the Grid: Lake Merritt @ OMCA.
Friday Nights @ OMCA are made possible in part by generous support from the Walter and Elise Haas Fund.