Friday Nights @ OMCA: Valentine's Day
This Valentine’s Day, bring your sweetie, young ones, or group of singles to Friday Nights @ OMCA for a hot night of local music, food, art, and culture! Savor California beer, wine and non-alcoholic beverages around the Koi Pond at the Blue Oak beer garden. Enjoy half-price admission, live music, hands-on activities for kids, and extended OMCA Store hours. Get a taste of the hottest in Bay Area curbside cuisine!
What to expect on February 14:
- Valentine's Day cocktails, local beer, and wine specials, coffee, tea and hot cocoa in the Blue Oak beer garden all night!
- He(art) Attack! in the Gallery of California Art. Show your love by placing a paper heart by your favorite work of art, all weekend long
- Family-friendly drop-in art activity: make your own mini hero figure, inspired Black History Month and the exhibition The Smallest of Worlds, from 5 to 8 pm
- DJ Dotmatic on the 1s and 2s in the 10th Street Amphitheater from 5 to 6:30 pm
- All-ages hip hop dance lesson led by Samara Atkins of Destiny Arts Center in the 10th Street Amphitheater from 6:30 to 7 pm
- Love Pub Trivia Game, where family and friends of all generations come together to compete for the team prize, with categories like The Birds & the Bees, Pop Culture Couples, and more, from 6:30 to 8:30 pm
- Live band Pan Extasy bringing the sounds of Carribbean music to the 10th Street Amphitheater from 7 to 9 pm
- OMCA-in-the-Headlines, a special discussion series in Above and Below: Stories From Our Changing Bay, this week with Cris Benton presenting his book, Saltscapes, followed by a special book-signing, from 7 to 8 pm
- A Snack Size Docent Tour, a fifteen-minute mini-tour led by a talented OMCA Docent to introduce you one of the Galleries—you won't know which until the tour begins!—meeting at the ticketing desk on Level 2 at 7:30 pm
- Extended hours in the galleries and special exhibitions
- Twelve gourmet food trucks from Off the Grid featuring the best in local cuisine
- Dance instruction, costume contests, comedy, and more
Cost: Half-price gallery admission for adults, ages 18 and under are free. Admission for Members is always free. Cash bar. Prices vary for Off the Grid food trucks.
Transportation: OMCA is located one block from the Lake Merritt BART Station. Event parking is available at the Museum for a $5 flat fee after 5 pm.
Presented in partnership with Off the Grid: Lake Merritt @ OMCA.
Black History Month programs at OMCA made possible in part by generous support from Bank of America.
Makers and Tasters Series is made possible by generous support from Whole Foods Market.
Friday Nights @ OMCA is made possible by generous support from the Walter and Elise Haas Fund.