Friday Nights @ OMCA
Oakland’s popular weekly night market is back for a new year of fun and festivities! Join OMCA and Off the Grid on 10th Street every for a taste of local music, food, art, and culture! Savor California beer, wine and non-alcoholic beverages around the Koi Pond at the Blue Oak beer garden. Enjoy half-price admission, live music, hands-on activities for kids, and extended OMCA Store hours. Bring the whole family to OMCA for a sampling of the best in Bay Area curbside cuisine!
What to expect on March 14:
- Local beer and wine specials in the Blue Oak beer garden, fearturing mango-chili margaritas and Bison Brewery's 'green' Kermit The Hop IPA, in honor of St. Patrick's Day
- Extended hours in the galleries and special exhibitions
- Gourmet food trucks from Off the Grid featuring the best in local cuisine: get the weekly list here
- March DJ-in-residence DJ Adam Poe spinning the hits from 5 to 7 pm
- Salsa dance class with Nick and Serena in the amphitheater from 6:30 to 7 pm
- Back by popular demand, live five-piece Salsa band Rumbache in the 10th Street ampitheater from 7 to 9 pm
- Family-friendly drop-in art activity, Honey, We Shrunk the Art! creating your own shrinkable wearable art, inspired by landscape art exhibition Inspiration Points, from 5 to 8 pm
- A Snack Size Docent Tour, a fifteen-minute mini-tour led by a talented OMCA Docent to introduce you one of the Galleries—you won't know which until the tour begins!—meeting at the ticketing desk on Level 2 at 7:30 pm
Cost: Half-price gallery admission for adults, ages 18 and under are free. Admission for Members is always free. Cash bar. Prices vary for Off the Grid food trucks.
Transportation: OMCA is located one block from the Lake Merritt BART Station. Event parking is available at the Museum for a $5 flat fee after 5 pm.
Presented in partnership with Off the Grid: Lake Merritt @ OMCA.
Makers and Tasters Series is made possible by generous support from Whole Foods Market.
Friday Nights @ OMCA is made possible by generous support from the Walter and Elise Haas Fund.