Friday Nights @ OMCA
The Bay Area's most talked-about food truck party comes to Oakland! Join OMCA and Off the Grid on 10th Street every Friday for a family-friendly take on a festive night market. Savor California beer and wine around the Koi Pond while enjoying live music, art activities, and more! The galleries are open late featuring Customizer-in-Residence open studios in the we/customize exhibition. Bring the whole family to OMCA for a sampling of the best in Bay Area curbside cuisine—and all that OMCA has to offer!
What to expect on Friday, May 10:
- Eleven gourmet food trucks from Off the Grid featuring the best in local cuisine: Cupkates, Whip Out, Arki Truck, Kasa Indian, Little Green Cyclo, Mayo & Mustard, Sanguchon, Señor Sisig, Seoul on Wheels, Twister Truck
- Local beer and wine specials in the Blue Oak beer garden featuring drink specials Dark & Stormy (Flor de Cana Rum and ginger beer) and Snakebite (Linden Street Common Lager and Crispin Hard Cider), and non-alcoholic beverages including Four Barrel Coffee
- DJ Amar spinning hits from 5 to 6:30 pm
- Customizer-in-Residence open studio featuring Logo Removal Service with Miriam Dym in the we/customize exhibition from 5 to 8 pm
- Family-friendly drop-in workshop from 5 to 8 pm: cute cat nose mask & button making inspired by the Oakland Internet Cat Video Festival and the May 31 reopening of the Gallery of California Natural Sciences
- Freestyle dance lessons with Soul Sanctuary Dance in the amphitheater from 6:30 to 7 pm
- Makers & Tasters Series with the Bay Area Bee Company from 6 to 8 pm
- A raffle for a free ticket to Saturday's Oakland Internet Cat Video Festival, presented by the Great Wall of Oakland on Saturday, May 11, 2013 from 3–10 pm
- Live band Whiskerman playing American folk tunes from 7 to 9 pm
- Oakland Internet Cat Video Festival Preview and VIP Curatorial Talk in the James Moore Theater from 6 to 8 pm. Note: this event is sold out
- Extended hours in the galleries and special exhibitions
- The swanky East Bay Express lounge where you can kick back and take it all in
Cost: Half-price gallery admission for adults, ages 18 and under are free. Admission for Members is always free. Cash bar. Prices vary for Off the Grid food trucks. Transportation: OMCA is located one block from the Lake Merritt BART Station. Event parking is available at the Museum garage for a $5 flat fee after 5 pm.
Presented in partnership with Off the Grid: Lake Merritt @ OMCA.
Made possible in part through the generous support of the Walter and Elise Haas Fund.